Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Parking at SRU
Let's talk a little bit about the parking situation here at Slippery Rock University. I am a commuter, and the parking situation, I feel, is atrocious! Not only is there not enough spots, peoples parking lot etiquette is horrible. Students here should have to take a class in parking before they even are allowed to have a parking pass. But I feel that a better solution to this problem would be parking garages with multiple levels, which would make more parking spots, while using the same amount of space!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am also a commuter at SRU, and the parking situation at SRU is the worst parking disaster that I have ever seen. I commute 50 minutes every day, and then drive around for about 15-20 minutes just to find a spot. I transferred to SRU in the fall semester of 2008, and I was told that the parking situation was very bad, but I never imagined that I would have to drive around for 15+ minutes to find a spot. Many teachers have told us to just park down by the ARC, and just walk up, but that’s 8-10 minutes walking up and back, and some of us have classes all over the campus. The university should add in parking garages or a couple more commuter lots across the campus throughout this year.
ReplyDeleteI agree, I live off-campus at the Heights, and I have to leave about 35 minutes early to get a decent spot. Most off the time I end up parking down by the baseball field and have to walk 10 minutes to get to my class. A multi level parking garage would be nice.
ReplyDelete